Saturday, July 16, 2011

My weight loss

I am very happy to say that I have now kept my weight off for three months!! I still keep a food log and weigh everything I eat, but it is so worth it and I feel wonderful. Of course being retired may have a lot to do with my mental health since I have been able to have a garden this year and sew to my hearts content.

I went to Denver a few weeks ago and it was wonderful to be able to go up into the mountains and be able to hike without the breathing problems! I definitely do not have the hip and knee pain I used to get after walking even short distances let alone walking up hill. I probably do need to start a walking routine daily, but I just haven't gotten in the habit of it yet. However, that is definitely on my to do list.

The view up in the mountains was beautiful, but the day we went was rather cool!! Here is a picture of me trying to look like I wasn't freezing.



And here is one of me looking like I'm freezing, which I definitely was!!



I love this picture, here are the three of us on our trip to the moutains. We definitely had an enjoyable mini vacation and it is now only about 70 days until we go on our yearly girls vacation. This year our destination is Anna Maria Island in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment