Monday, January 10, 2011

Quiche

I fixed brunch Sunday for my friend Kathy and my daughter Hillary. I fixed this quiche along with a side of mixed fruit. The quiche was a big hit an by the end of the day after my husband and son had lunch there was none left.

Crustless Feta and Cheddar Quiche

4 beaten eggs
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 heaping tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Italian seasoning mix (oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary, basil)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1-1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 (10oz pkg) chopped frozen spinach - Thawed and drained
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients. Spoon into the pie plate

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes before serving

If you use low fat/reduced fat cheeses one serving is 188 calories. I found this recipe in the Sonoma Diet Cookbook. Everyone said it was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I've gotta try this one, too! (I made your cornbread casserole - it was a hit!)
    Diane

    ReplyDelete